Topic Sponsor
Maintenance Shop Keep your Ford F150 truck running strong. Discuss all things maintenance here.

SYNC Trouble

Search this Thread

Old 01-04-2015, 10:21 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default SYNC Trouble

Have F150 and my IPOD has played fine forever. All of a sudden just quit working out of the USB port. Had been having trouble past couple of months with SYNC not recognizing that it was even plugged in. And goes in spells with SNYCING my phone. Have had the phone lock up the system and I had to shut the truck off in order to do anything. Anyone else have these troubles?
Old 01-24-2015, 03:00 PM

I have a 2011 and my sync has worked great til recently. The sync will start jumping from Sat radio and back to the phone with out me doing anything. It does this constantly and I can not do anything to stop it. I tried turning by bluetooth off on my phone but it still tries to connect. If I disconnect the batt., It will work fine for a minute or so then starts back up again. When I log on to my sync it tells me that I am update on the software. Guess I need to head to the dealership.
Old 01-24-2015, 07:07 PM

i'm new to fod and sync, but have noticed that when it's really cold out, sync doesn't start working the first time I start my truck. anyone else having this problem? what's the fix?
Old 01-24-2015, 07:45 PM
old school

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

I believe sync is a windows application, and I have a windows 8 phone . my Truck is a 2013 and never had a single issue with any command or any issue at all, works like a charm. Maybe a conflict with app. in IPOD
Old 01-24-2015, 08:51 PM

not a phone or app thing. it simply does not come on when it's really cold. like, pushing the sync voice button gets me exactly nothing. no chime, no voice... nothing.
Old 02-07-2015, 12:26 PM

I am having the EXACT same issue! Nothing working. When I go through "Menu" commands the "Media" and "System" settings options are not even available. Pressing the "phone" button does not work, voice command do not work. I am in NY,it has been averaging 20 degrees during the day and below zero at night. Even after several minutes with the heat on and the cabin at normal temperature it is still not working.
Old 02-11-2015, 07:48 PM

Originally Posted by mleinweaver
I am having the EXACT same issue! Nothing working. When I go through "Menu" commands the "Media" and "System" settings options are not even available. Pressing the "phone" button does not work, voice command do not work. I am in NY,it has been averaging 20 degrees during the day and below zero at night. Even after several minutes with the heat on and the cabin at normal temperature it is still not working.
Mine is doing the exact same thing. Of course it is out of warranty
Old 02-12-2015, 09:11 PM

So now my sync is working sparadically now, the it would not allow me to go to my usb at all. Then later on that day it was working fine, actually as of today everything is back to working fine. I live in South Louisiana and when I was having the phone issues we were having some pretty low temps.
Old 02-12-2015, 11:40 PM

Received 17 Likes on 9 Posts

Originally Posted by ikeymay
i'm new to fod and sync, but have noticed that when it's really cold out, sync doesn't start working the first time I start my truck. anyone else having this problem? what's the fix?
I am having the same problem. I have a 2013 Ford Fusion with SYNC, & if the car is really cold, bluetooth and sync are both disabled. I can only think that it must be an issue with a bad connection that "opens" when the temp is so cold, but i cannot confirm this yet.

Quick Reply: SYNC Trouble