Topic Sponsor
Maintenance Shop Keep your Ford F150 truck running strong. Discuss all things maintenance here.

supercharger getting hot

Search this Thread

Old 07-12-2014, 05:07 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question supercharger getting hot

hello i have a 2008 harley davidson edition f150 and the superchargers act gauge has been reading 175 and even up to 200 degrees the intercooler is cold and there is a cylinder that the coolant runs through that i think that acts as a thermostat i was thinking that i may need to check into it to see if that is the problem and now if my engine gets above 3000 rpm there is a real bad almost knock or rattling sound that i can hear through the exhaust don't know really what it is and why its making that ouse i don't know much about superchargers and haven't mess around with them please help me let me know if you can give me an idea of whats going on
Old 07-12-2014, 05:11 PM

Received 871 Likes on 695 Posts

Do NOT go WOT or above 3000K, drive like a freaking grandma.

That sound you hear is detonation and will BLOW YOUR MOTOR! Detonation is preignition of the fuel.

The high ACT is the cause. Being as you said the water in the reservoir is cool leads me to believe your intercooler pump is broken. Make sure that's coming on! You should see water circulating in the reservoir!

When you get it fixed is suggest you so a plug change too cause chances are you have a few F'ed up plugs!!

What octane fuel are you running also?

Wayne

Last edited by Z7What; 07-12-2014 at 05:13 PM.

Quick Reply: supercharger getting hot