Topic Sponsor
Maintenance Shop Keep your Ford F150 truck running strong. Discuss all things maintenance here.

supercharger/engine skipping

Search this Thread

Old 04-23-2009, 09:46 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question supercharger/engine skipping

hello

im having a little trouble i have an f150 97. its supercharged v-1 vortech.
anyway i was washing my truck at the carwash and u know how they have that engine and tire cleaner that you can spray on your engine to clear the grease off. well i sprayed that stuff on my engine and some on my supercharger and now its kindof skipping and doing a little bit of huffin and puffin.

my exhaust sometimes skips and my supercharger whines loud but now its whining and skipping at the same time. idk whats wrong with it. my engine sounds fine but the supercharger is the one that sounds weird. i let it dry for a couple of hours and its doing the same thing. i can use some advice/help.
should i let it dry overnight or what. i was thinking i may have gotten my chords wet but i figured it would have already dryed out by now.

please help
Old 04-23-2009, 09:58 PM

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

i would never reccomend spraying the engine with a hose..
did you spray it with the high pressure wahser??
Old 04-23-2009, 10:08 PM

no its some special spray that they have for engines like to get the grease off, its connected to the hose, so its open for any1 to use but i dont get how my truck is messing up and others who have done the same thing dont have their vehicles messed up. i think i may have gotten some water in there right when i started to spray. should i just let it dry?
Old 04-23-2009, 10:20 PM

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

id let it sit overnight and see if it helps yeah but hopefully none got in the charger cos there is bearings and gears in there!!
Old 04-23-2009, 10:27 PM
none.

Received 98 Likes on 78 Posts

Spray compressed air into the plug holes in the heads, then pull the plugs and coils......dry them off...you should not have sprayed the compressor even though it is sealed. Disconnect the inlet elbow and dry it out also. Vortechs use an oil supply from the oil pan or pressure in the head, depending on how your installer did it....that being said, if water got into the compressor head, it could have caused a flat spot on the bearings since they spin at a very high RPM..All of that being said, you most likely have a severe miss due to fouling a plug...which is a big oops in a blower application....live and learn, hopefully you wont have to send the compressor back to Vortech for a head rebuild.
Old 04-23-2009, 10:57 PM

my plugs and coils look alright and dry. i checked out the inlet elbow and it looks dry i couldnt disconnect anything cause i dont have the tools. ya and i hope i didnt mess up the blower application it looked normal to me.

but i didnt spray directly on the supercharger i gave it like a light coat of that stuff and i sprayed behind it though where my EGR valve is cause it was leeking cause the hose was disconnected, so it was real greasy behind it hopefully itll just dry overnight if not ill take a look at it even more. i think i got some water on it but its not like i soaked it with any of that stuff.

i turned it on and it sounds a like its getting better, i hope.
would you recommend i spray some oil or something on it?

Quick Reply: supercharger/engine skipping