Topic Sponsor
Maintenance Shop Keep your Ford F150 truck running strong. Discuss all things maintenance here.

Strange noise????

Search this Thread

Old 03-01-2007, 10:10 PM

Received 107 Likes on 18 Posts

Exclamation Strange noise????

As the title says i have this VERY strange noise coming from what seems like my front drivers side area, not specific i know, but thats all i know. The noise only happens when i am in Drive and are turning, left is the only time i remember it. The noise stops when i put it into Park tho, very odd IMO. It also is while i am slowing down, such as turning into a parking spot or at a stop light. It seems to be a rattle but im not positive at all... i also believe it could be something in the power steering. Next time i hear it im going to put the emergency brake on and take a look around trying to locate where the hell this is coming from.

So does anybody have any ideas of what this is, what i should check, and if anyone besides myself has experienced this problem???

I know that was confusing but i am very confused and am having trouble describing this F'in noise. lol
Old 03-01-2007, 10:35 PM
Ty

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

hung rotor?
Old 03-01-2007, 10:37 PM

Sounds possible to me lol. I have no idea about this but next time im going to use the mergency brake and search for this motha lol. I'll make sure to get some pics.
Old 03-02-2007, 12:48 AM
08 February TOTM

Received 19 Likes on 7 Posts

I don't think it would be a hung rotor unless your truck is pulling to that side while driving. Although it could be the indicator on your break pads rubbing the rotors letting you know they are worn down to the limit.
Old 03-02-2007, 08:29 AM
Ty

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

can you discribe the actual noise?
Old 03-02-2007, 11:48 PM

Its really odd... i dont believe its a hung rotor, wouldn't that noise just happen on and off so to say? This is a constant noise when it happens and as a matter of fact i heard it two times today but one time i was in a drive threw lol and the other i just didnt want to get the F out and look.

Truely i have no noise to compaire this too
Old 03-03-2007, 12:03 AM
08 February TOTM

Did you check your breaks to see if it's the wear indicators rubbing the rotors?
Old 03-03-2007, 12:06 AM

Originally Posted by whitecrystal1
Did you check your breaks to see if it's the wear indicators rubbing the rotors?
No i haven't checked them, i only have like 22k on it.

I dont believe that could be it tho b/c this happens when im going like 3mph and turning to my left.

Its odd to say the least!
Old 03-03-2007, 12:15 AM
08 February TOTM

22k doesn't really matter, it's how much and how hard there used. My 4 runner did this to me when I had it. It wouldn't hurt to take a look. Do you know what they look like? If this isn't it you should pull the wheel where the noise is coming from and check it. I have read some post where the shield behind the rotor got bent and was rubbing the rotor causing noise. Have you been doing anything different with your truck lately that could have caused this to happen?

Last edited by whitecrystal1; 03-03-2007 at 02:06 AM.
Old 03-03-2007, 01:48 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

my truck did the same thing when i went threw alot of water and mud, but it can happen just by spraying the water hose in the wrong spot. Have you checked your ball joints? Mine went bad and i had to replace all four of them. If water got in there it couldve washed out the grease, but theres no way to insert grease into the joints without totally replacing them. Thats what i had to do and get whole new A arms and joints that included grease gussets. If this is what happened it might be expensive. Mine made noise when i was turning and when my truck switched planes such as going into a driveway. Could be the problem or might not. Hope it helps.

Quick Reply: Strange noise????