Topic Sponsor
Maintenance Shop Keep your Ford F150 truck running strong. Discuss all things maintenance here.

SQUEAKING SOUND near Springs/Front Driverside

Search this Thread

Old 03-18-2013, 10:42 PM

Received 9 Likes on 6 Posts
Default SQUEAKING SOUND near Springs/Front Driverside

Need some help.....I have a 2012 F150 XLT that only has 9500 miles on it. One month ago, I installed slightly larger tires (275/65/18) and also a 2in leveling kit. Everything was fine up until 3 days ago when I started to notice a squeaking sound from the front driverside. I only notice it when I get in and out of the truck. I cannot hear it when Im driving- although Im sure its there. The sound only happens when you push down on the front end. The front passenger side is quiet and does not make the same sound- only the front driver side. I cant figure out what's causing this sound. Any ideas??

Here is a video of the sound I'm referring to.....
http://youtu.be/Bhbd8AjJETs
http://youtu.be/Bhbd8AjJETs
Old 03-19-2013, 11:37 AM
NGM
Resident A-hole

Received 31 Likes on 22 Posts

My first thought is the spring isolator moved allowing metal to metal contact on the spring. Make sure that the bolts are torqued while the truck is on the ground. If they were torqued in the air could be a loose bolt or center nut. Thats all that really comes to mind on a new truck like that. Let us know if you find it.

Frank
Old 03-19-2013, 02:21 PM

Ok I think I found something....look at the two pictures below, showing the springs on the driver side(where squeaking noise is coming from) and the passenger side(no noise).

The driver & passenger side pics look different, don't they??? The passenger side has a rubber piece that is missing on the driver side?!?! What is that piece? Is it the spring isolator? Did it just fall off lol?

Also, another concern is that if you look very closely, you can see that this rubber piece on the passenger side looks crooked/bulging and has a crack on it.

Suggestions or thoughts please???

This truck is basically brand new...so did the mechanic just do a sh*tty job when he installed my evening kit sat month?

SQUEAKING SOUND near Springs/Front Driverside-image-1669790988.jpg

SQUEAKING SOUND near Springs/Front Driverside-image-800858837.jpg
Old 03-19-2013, 02:34 PM
NGM
Resident A-hole

Received 31 Likes on 22 Posts

That rubber is the spring isolator I was talking about. If its in the wrong position or missing the spring will rub on the top (or bottom) of the mount where it is missing or mis installed and cause a noise when the spring moves.
Old 03-19-2013, 02:39 PM

Originally Posted by NGM
That rubber is the spring isolator I was talking about. If its in the wrong position or missing the spring will rub on the top (or bottom) of the mount where it is missing or mis installed and cause a noise when the spring moves.
So did it just break or fall off. By the looks of the isolator on the passenger side, it's already cracking.
Old 08-29-2013, 06:43 AM
SuPrWcReW03

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by BradWhiteis
So did it just break or fall off. By the looks of the isolator on the passenger side, it's already cracking.
Hey did u ever fix it ? Same thing is happening 2 my truck
Old 09-04-2013, 11:29 PM
F150 SUSPENSION GURU

Received 114 Likes on 107 Posts

upper spring not turned ll the way
Old 01-13-2015, 08:39 PM
Nsfx4

Received 7 Likes on 4 Posts

Very helpful I have a squeak I cannot find so I'll check this out
Did you fix yours?
Old 02-02-2015, 02:07 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

my 2012 had a cracked strut cover, it would make a noise like that if the truck rocked even slightly like shutting the door. Was under the 3/36 bumper to bumper so was no cost to me.
Old 02-04-2015, 10:40 PM
Nsfx4

Received 7 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by asimpson997
my 2012 had a cracked strut cover, it would make a noise like that if the truck rocked even slightly like shutting the door. Was under the 3/36 bumper to bumper so was no cost to me.
Mine sounds like it's from the brakes? Could be the shock if so its rancho not Ford
Ford to look at my truck Friday

Quick Reply: SQUEAKING SOUND near Springs/Front Driverside