Topic Sponsor
Maintenance Shop Keep your Ford F150 truck running strong. Discuss all things maintenance here.

spark plugs again!!!!!!

Search this Thread

Old 12-28-2009, 12:32 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default spark plugs again!!!!!!

ok i change the all the spark plugs and coils one year ago almost to the same month, the spark plugs fouled out after i drove through some snow and so i had them replaced (shop blew up my motor in the process). well the other day i got stuck in a snowbank on my way home and covered most of the front end of my truck, after i got unstuk i continued to drive home and the ABS light came on so i pulled over and shut the truck off and restarted it. well the light wen off but the check engine light came on and started flashing well the truck drove home fine so i put the truk in the garage and let the snow melt off, but now the truck shakes wen i start it. i think its the spark plugs cause this is wat it did last time but the spark plugs and coils only have less than 4,000 miles on them. How and why does snow always foul my sparkplugs or coils?
Old 01-01-2010, 11:22 PM

Received 12 Likes on 12 Posts

It's possible that the snow flies up into the engine compartment and melts - down into the spark plug wells in the heads, and the water causes misfire when spark arcs to the head. Had same problem when I drove through deep water and mud in my '01 5.4L 4x4. I disconnected the fuel rails, removed the coil packs, left the spark plugs installed in the heads but removed the spark plug boots, used compressed air to blow out the spark plug boots and the spark plug wells in the heads, re-installed everything and all was fine.

Quick Reply: spark plugs again!!!!!!