Topic Sponsor
Maintenance Shop Keep your Ford F150 truck running strong. Discuss all things maintenance here.

Rusty Bed Bolts

Search this Thread

Old 02-05-2009, 03:11 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Rusty Bed Bolts

Hello Everyone!

I just bought a 2001 Ford F150 Super Cab and had a question about the bolts in the bed. The bed has a Line-X spray on bed liner but for some reason the bolts were not covered with it. Some of the bolts are now showing rust. Any ideas on what I should do?
Old 02-05-2009, 06:00 PM

Get some OSPHO and a small brush and coat the bolts. The OSPHO will cause the bolt heads to oxodize and stop future rust. It works and no I have no association with this product other than I bought some several years ago and found it works. I also still have the orginal bottel
Old 02-05-2009, 06:49 PM

not sure if you guy's have this stuff in the states or there is an equivalant,but my hunting buddy sprayed his bed with this stuff a few years ago and it is still holding strong. myself wouldnt use it to cover the whole bed of a new truck but i would think it would work great for your needs.around 8 bucks here...

Old 02-05-2009, 10:32 PM

Thanks for the info. I'm going to use the OSPHO to prep and then follow up with some kind of spray coating.

Quick Reply: Rusty Bed Bolts