Topic Sponsor
Maintenance Shop Keep your Ford F150 truck running strong. Discuss all things maintenance here.

Roush super charge up grades

Search this Thread

Old 07-30-2015, 12:09 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Roush super charge up grades

I have 2014 F150 with 5.0L engine, installed roush super charger, roush cold air intake and roush exhaust. It is bit of a dog off the line (5.7lL hemi I will take me off the line. What can be done to fix this problem
Old 08-02-2015, 01:29 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I'm not 100% sure but I would think you need to have the computer programmed for the upgrades.
Old 08-23-2015, 12:28 PM

Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts

I got the truck on the freeway today running 80 mph and am noticing what sounds like a rattle or consistent annoying tick. Any ideas? Seems to be more noticeable on the highway when on the gas.
Old 08-23-2015, 12:41 PM

Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by cranda
I got the truck on the freeway today running 80 mph and am noticing what sounds like a rattle or consistent annoying tick. Any ideas? Seems to be more noticeable on the highway when on the gas.
Wrong thread
Old 08-23-2015, 02:58 PM

Received 790 Likes on 646 Posts

I don't know anything about Roush but usually supercharger requires a 120 GPH+ fuel pump and a matching cam. On the stock cam there usually is a duration of exhaust valve overlap which in short draws in the intake charge. Timing, lift and duration of a stock cam isn't suitable for the induced pressures of a turbo or supercharger.

Then there is supercharger surge. I don't know how you would "tune" for surge with todays electronics. It may require a new chip to match what you have.

Generally ******* at the line is either too much or too little air flow through the heads. From what you describe I would guess too little.

There is no easy answer to your question. Get the engine on a dyno and you'll have a better idea of what you need to do.

Quick Reply: Roush super charge up grades