Topic Sponsor
Maintenance Shop Keep your Ford F150 truck running strong. Discuss all things maintenance here.

Rough idle no power

Search this Thread

Old 05-16-2015, 03:51 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Rough idle no power

Hello I bought a 2004 new body style f150 with the 4.6 auto grand 2 wheel drive. It starts right up but at idle it's running ruff. When driving it shakes a lot The cel came on I took it to the parts store and they said its reading bank two lean but that's all it will show. While driving today I had to go up a step gravel road and I had to hold it to the floor for it to barely make it up the cel started flashing. Also the brake light came on. The truck has 118,xxx miles on it. Any help would be greatly appreciated
Old 05-18-2015, 01:15 PM

Anybody?
Old 10-03-2015, 11:37 AM

I've got similar issues with an 04 5.4. Start by looking for vacuum leaks., that seems to be a very common cause, I think the pcv valve at the back of the intake manifold was a common point of failure on th 4.6 motors. O2 sensors are a potential cause as well, specifically the two on he motor side of the cats. Of course you should also consider lack of fuel from a stuck or clogged injector.

The flashing cel and total lack of power was probably due to the computer put it in limp mode to prevent damage to the motor. I think that will reset once you shut it off and restart until the computer decides the motor is at risk again.

There's lots of information out there on troubleshooting this code,, unfortunately I've gone through all of that and had no luck with mine.

Good luck, hope yours turns out to be an easy fix.

Quick Reply: Rough idle no power