Topic Sponsor
Maintenance Shop Keep your Ford F150 truck running strong. Discuss all things maintenance here.

reverse and brake lights are not working

Search this Thread

Old 02-04-2014, 09:59 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default reverse and brake lights are not working

Hey guys and girls, I'm new here so I apologize in advanced for any newcomer mistakes. I have an 06 f150 5.4 with a few problems that I don't quite understand. First my brake and reverse lights dont work but my third light does. When I turn on my head lights the tail lights do come on but are very dim but when I hit the brake they go out. It may be unrelated but my flasher relay is acting up so im picking up a new one today. Also I have a b1681 and a p0607 which doesnt seem to affect anything. Sorry for the long post and any feedback would be GREATLY appreciated.

Last edited by AJMizzerati; 02-04-2014 at 12:47 PM.
Old 02-05-2014, 10:26 AM

Received 234 Likes on 229 Posts

Try turning on the emergency flashers with the truck off, and walk around looking at all the lights. If they are working it may be an issue with the wires running to the rear of the truck, especially at the connectors along the frame. Your codes are oil metering (oil gauge) and ECM controls. I doubt they are related to your issue.
Old 02-05-2014, 12:49 PM

Ive done that before and everything works but the rear flashers are dim.
Old 02-05-2014, 08:32 PM

I hate to say it but shes going to the dealer on friday. Just pulled 9 codes, 6 are from 1 fuse that blows the instant it goes in (#32 which is a big circuit). The other three I know but I dont have the tools at my apartment to truely diagnose any of it. I feel defeated..... hopefully its just one for two bad grounds. I'll keep you updated.
Old 02-14-2014, 06:51 PM

Turns out a power line was grounded out which blew the 32 fuse then the connector on the frame by the spare tire was bad so they just cut it out and directly wired it. I wish I had my tools with me so I could do it instead of spending $304 at the stealership but o well

Quick Reply: reverse and brake lights are not working