Topic Sponsor
Maintenance Shop Keep your Ford F150 truck running strong. Discuss all things maintenance here.

Removing rear rotor

Search this Thread

Old 06-15-2016, 06:46 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Removing rear rotor

Have a 03 F150 4.6l 2x4 4 wheel disc. Having difficulty on how I go about getting the rear rotor off. The front rotors where a piece of cake. Changed the rear calipers and pads. I noticed when I turn the rotor by the lug bolt I hear I grinding type noise. First thought was the bearings. Hope not for I looked in to it and seemed to be more than I could handle. Only option I have is for me to do it. Read a forum where a guy heard a slight gringing noise and it turned out that the pad for the Ebrake broke and pieces of pad was the culprit. Would be nice if that was it. The bearings and seal require tools I don't own and renting at this time is not an option. Been staring at this damn thing scratch'n my head wondering the best way to get the rotor off. Any help would be great, thanks
Old 06-15-2016, 07:05 AM

Received 5,989 Likes on 3,553 Posts

Googling "removing stuck rotor" yields multiple videos showing a bolt technique that I have read about before. Have you tried that?
Old 06-15-2016, 07:35 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Verizon is my carrier and close to being over in data. Usually I watch videos along with threads I read. When my rear caliper seized up a few days back I watched a video about rebuilding them. If all else false in a few days I will Google the videos. Hopefully I'll have it by then.

Quick Reply: Removing rear rotor