Topic Sponsor
Maintenance Shop Keep your Ford F150 truck running strong. Discuss all things maintenance here.

Rebuilt AODE twice and trans is still faulting..

Search this Thread

Old 02-02-2016, 07:50 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Rebuilt AODE twice and trans is still faulting..

I am new to this site and new to rebuilding transmissions.. I drive A 2006 F 150 5.4 triton 4x4. trans is an AODE.. a buddy and myself rebuilt it twice with a TRANS FAULT error happening after both rebuilds.. my question is there is a vent port on top of the transmission.. what attaches to that? Also I noticed that my buddy attached a hose from the transfer case to the vent port on top of the tranny which cannot be right as the tranny is mercon V and the transfer case is mercon.. ANY HELP WOULD BE GREATLY APPERCIATED.. thanks in advance
Old 02-02-2016, 08:37 PM

after doing some research I found out that both the transfer case and transmission have an overflow vent hose.. could this have caused my transfault as I double checkd both the valve body and internal parts of the transmission twice and found nothing wrong... any ford transmission guys out here?
Old 02-10-2016, 12:41 PM

after racking my brain and the internet i decided to take my trans problem to the professionals at worldwide transmission.. After waiting for days without my F150 i got the dreaded call i was waiting for....
turns out the intermediate clutch piston return spring pack was installed backwards causing the intermediate clutch to remain on torching the metals and frictions. Also two of the thrust bearings where installed backwards causing them to seize and shatter throughout the case..
the defective torque converter that i bought had popped the main weld..

After buying a trans star master rebuild kit, torque converter and a trans go shift kit that are now useless because of bearing contamination I'm on the hook for a rebuilt AODE.. On a plus note i got a one year 30,000 mile warranty.. ;-)

I give myself a C- for trying, a F for listening to A friend who didn't know his head from his *** when it came to the AODE trans and a Z for going way out of budget..

I would attempt this again on my own if I had the time and another vehicle to use during the rebuild.. In hind sight there is a lot of info available to assist you in the rebuild..

Hope my ignorance can help other AODE owners avoid the faults I encountered!!!!

Thanks to the F150forum community for all the helpful advice. sometimes no reply to your problem is the best answer!
Old 02-10-2016, 12:47 PM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by doezmodz
I give myself a C- for trying, a F for listening to A friend who didn't know his head from his *** when it came to the AODE trans and a Z for going way out of budget..

I would attempt this again on my own if I had the time and another vehicle to use during the rebuild.. In hind sight there is a lot of info available to assist you in the rebuild..
I like your spirit

Doug

The following users liked this post:
doezmodz (02-10-2016)

Quick Reply: Rebuilt AODE twice and trans is still faulting..