Topic Sponsor
Maintenance Shop Keep your Ford F150 truck running strong. Discuss all things maintenance here.

rebuilding my calipers

Search this Thread

Old 08-03-2015, 04:30 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Default rebuilding my calipers

Well,after troubleshooting everything other than my brakes for the source of a grinding noise coming from the rear of my truck,and then being. Told my caliper is probably froze and the noise is the sound of my breaks being tortured...well after some research and counting dollars I decided. I'll rebuild my rear calipers,repair kit is 9.00 and with that and a bit of scrubbing. With a wire brush and brake cleaner I will save some money. ...and share the process for anyone else who may want to give it a try...So ill let you know soon if I screw up lol
Old 08-04-2015, 12:26 PM

Received 171 Likes on 129 Posts

Will be interested in your results and where you found the rebuild kit. I just had a piston freeze up on my 250 and just opted to replace the caliper.
Old 08-04-2015, 12:42 PM

Originally Posted by chickenwire
Will be interested in your results and where you found the rebuild kit. I just had a piston freeze up on my 250 and just opted to replace the caliper.

http://m.summitracing.com/search/Par...obileSwitchYes
Old 08-04-2015, 04:24 PM

Sorry,today got busy.I was unable to do my pics of the process...but I have the video URL I learned. From

Quick Reply: rebuilding my calipers