Topic Sponsor
Maintenance Shop Keep your Ford F150 truck running strong. Discuss all things maintenance here.

Rear suspension block

Old 04-10-2014, 07:55 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Rear suspension block

Hello all,
I have a 2012 S Crew 4x4 xlt with a 5.0. I put a leveling kit on it, just spacers and I think it was a 2.5" kit. I had a local shop do it for me.
Ever since then, about a year ago, it sits kind of bulldog. I measured it from the ground to the top of the wheel well and the back is down about 3/4 of an inch.
Today at the local parts store I was checking out block kits to add a block to my leaf springs and see if that would help.
I did not purchase one yet as I wanted to shop around. But looking at my rear axle/springs I see there seems to be a factory block in there already.
Does this mean I am replacing that block? So if that one is 1 inch.... then I would ideally need an inch and 3/4 or a 2 inch block?
Any input would be greatly appreciated. Thank you in advance for any help.
DW
Old 04-10-2014, 07:58 PM

Received 159 Likes on 145 Posts

you're correct, you want a block that is taller than your stock block by the amount you wish to raise it. F150Lifts has several different size rear blocks to choose from in the 2 inch range. Give Alex a call there, I'm sure he could steer you in the right direction.
The following users liked this post:
HaloLifts (04-15-2014)
Old 04-10-2014, 08:03 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Thank you Jim.... just pulled up the site. I appreciate the help.
DW

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Rear suspension block