Topic Sponsor
Maintenance Shop Keep your Ford F150 truck running strong. Discuss all things maintenance here.

Rear Passenger Door Stuck Shut

Search this Thread

Old 12-23-2015, 08:20 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Rear Passenger Door Stuck Shut

Hi, I've been dealing with a door that's been stuck for about half a year now. I decided to go ahead and take a look at it and see if I can get it fixed. The dealership told me it would cost over $2000 due to having to cut into the door as they aren't able to get the panel off with the door stuck in the closed position.

Its a 2010 Ford F150 XL Supercrew Cab(4 Full Doors) 125,000 miles

I was able to force the door panel off to take a look inside. Nothing is broken inside or laying at the bottom of the door. Both cables for the door handles are working it seems. The locking bar moves up and down without tension. The power door locks move it up and down as well. The window is also able to move.

-I attempted to manually pull the lock bar up (So I think its unlocked) then move the door handles around both outside and inside and hit the door to try to push it open.

-I sprayed WD40 inside the actuator where the lock bar goes into.

I believe something inside the actuator locking mechanism is broken however I cant figure out a way to open the door and need help. I've looked up so many youtube videos and posts and it seems nobody has had this same problem.

Step 1, how do you open a door that is stuck shut and wont unlatch? Thanks

Last edited by Hectorz; 12-24-2015 at 09:59 AM.
Old 12-24-2015, 09:59 AM

Any mechanics out there? What would you guys do if you got this issue in your shop?
The following users liked this post:
702 captain (10-09-2019)
Old 12-24-2015, 07:06 PM

Received 964 Likes on 742 Posts

I wonder if the child safety lock is stuck in the middle. Have you tried pulling both handles at once?
Old 12-25-2015, 03:48 AM

Originally Posted by PerryB
I wonder if the child safety lock is stuck in the middle. Have you tried pulling both handles at once?
I just gave it a try, no luck opening it, thanks for the input
Old 12-26-2015, 11:29 AM

Still need more ideas, im willing to even break things to get to the latch or whatever the problem is. Anything basically except for cutting into thr actually door.
Old 01-21-2016, 10:54 PM

Originally Posted by Hectorz
Still need more ideas, im willing to even break things to get to the latch or whatever the problem is. Anything basically except for cutting into thr actually door.
Hello, its been over a month and still nothing new. Just wanted to check out there to see if anyone had a new idea.
Old 06-09-2017, 07:42 AM

Default 2 Years

Its been about 2 years now and its still stuck, is there anyone out there that can help enlighten thr situation.
Old 06-09-2017, 07:47 AM
Some guy

Received 2,021 Likes on 1,284 Posts

I think you should start hitting up junk yards and see if you can either find a different door or, preferably, just the inside door panel (the plastic panel). If you can source that, you can then just take some trim tools and break the panel off from the inside of the door (taking care to protect the speaker), then hopefully reach into the exposed door and open it or fix whatever the problem is. Then replace the panel you broke off with the one you sourced from the yard.
Old 06-10-2017, 09:55 AM

Originally Posted by Martian
I think you should start hitting up junk yards and see if you can either find a different door or, preferably, just the inside door panel (the plastic panel). If you can source that, you can then just take some trim tools and break the panel off from the inside of the door (taking care to protect the speaker), then hopefully reach into the exposed door and open it or fix whatever the problem is. Then replace the panel you broke off with the one you sourced from the yard.
I think that may be the best option, getting a door from the junk yard and some parts from there. The only problem is getting the door I have on my truck off of my truck.

As far as the inside panel goes, I was actually able to get it off without breaking it. I can actually see the insides of the door. My very first post is what I was able to find.
I was able to force the door panel off to take a look inside. Nothing is broken inside or laying at the bottom of the door. Both cables for the door handles are working it seems. The locking bar moves up and down without tension. The power door locks move it up and down as well. The window is also able to move.
Old 06-10-2017, 11:10 PM

Received 12 Likes on 12 Posts
Default Stuck door

N9 disrespect at least it is stuck closed not open. How about starting to unbolting the actuator and remove it and whatever you can remove until it opens find out the problem when open fix it and put it back together.

Quick Reply: Rear Passenger Door Stuck Shut