Topic Sponsor
Maintenance Shop Keep your Ford F150 truck running strong. Discuss all things maintenance here.

Rear End noise

Search this Thread

Old 03-08-2008, 07:01 PM

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Rear End noise

I have a 2007 SC that has a strange noise upon hard turns (mainly left). Also I have a rear end hop if i take off from a stop at normal speed. If I excelerate off the start the neverything is fine. The noise sounds like a rub to me but im not sure. Guess I really need to take it in since it only has 8000 miles on it.
Old 03-09-2008, 12:03 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

What rear end do you have in it and has it been serviced recently? If so the shop may have put the wrong fluid in the rear end,some call for friction modifier and if this is not added,it can ruin the clutches in the rear end.
Old 03-10-2008, 09:34 AM
MSchneid

If you have a limited slip diff I believe the Ford still uses clutch plates. You will need to get some limited slip additive (maybe it was missed when it was built?) put it in and find a parking lot and do a bunch of figure 8's. If this does not cure it take it to the dealer. Or, take it to the dealer now since it is under warranty.
Old 03-25-2008, 06:44 PM

Check your rear driveshaft u-joint for damage - yes it should not be wearing out after so few miles, but there is always the possibility of improper set up out of the factory. Also do the above mentioned things as well.

Quick Reply: Rear End noise