Topic Sponsor
Maintenance Shop Keep your Ford F150 truck running strong. Discuss all things maintenance here.

radio not workinghit the power

Search this Thread

Old 03-06-2016, 04:33 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default radio not workinghit the power

i have a 2011 f150 non touchscreen 6 disc model pu-3326a-a
when i hit the power button the time flashes and then turns off immediately,
previously it startted about a year ago the radio would just cut out and stop working from time to time, and when it did that i would tap the dash board and most of the time it would resume playing but not it wont at all, i took apart unplugged everything and plugged back in and nothing changed, i did notice theres a circuit board right on the frt of the trim panel, if its the radio itself thats bad does anyone know where i can send it to get repaired? thank u very much
Old 08-07-2016, 08:30 PM

Default radio not working hit the power, flashes then off

Same exact problem here. Tried reseating connectors, no luck. I would love to know if it's the radio or some wiring issue.

Radio Model: PU-3326A-A
Ford PN: bl3t-19c158-ba

Has anyone heard of a resolution here? It wouldn't hurt my feelings to get an aftermarket unit, but don't want to burn the cash if there's a simple solution.

Last edited by jmcv; 08-07-2016 at 08:32 PM. Reason: Submitted before ready
Old 02-24-2023, 04:10 PM

Originally Posted by jmcv
Same exact problem here. Tried reseating connectors, no luck. I would love to know if it's the radio or some wiring issue.

Radio Model: PU-3326A-A
Ford PN: bl3t-19c158-ba

Has anyone heard of a resolution here? It wouldn't hurt my feelings to get an aftermarket unit, but don't want to burn the cash if there's a simple solution.
From all the research I have done on this subject there is a problem with the main board having bad/cold soldier joints. I have read of some folks taking the unit out and putting it in the oven at certain tempratures and durations and they go back to working. Could actually work being it cold soldier joints, my eldest son is an electronics whiz so I've got mine out and going to take it to him to repair it properly.
Old 02-24-2023, 04:12 PM

From all the research I have done on this subject there is a problem with the main board having bad/cold soldier joints. I have read of some folks taking the unit out and putting it in the oven at certain tempratures and durations and they go back to working. Could actually work being it cold soldier joints, my eldest son is an electronics whiz so I've got mine out and going to take it to him to repair it properly.

Quick Reply: radio not workinghit the power