Topic Sponsor
Maintenance Shop Keep your Ford F150 truck running strong. Discuss all things maintenance here.

Radio door speaker problems

Search this Thread

Old 12-09-2014, 11:51 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Radio door speaker problems

I have a problem with static noise coming out my door speakers. Started randomly one day in my front two door speakers. Random static. Even when the volume is turned all the way down.

I replaced the door speakers thinking they were old and busted. Bought 4 new infinity 3way door speakers. I also took and hooked the door speakers to a small amp for other reasons. But the noise hasn't gone away. I even checked all the wiring I have and it's all good. I took and wired it back to factory wiring and took the amp out. Still didn't help. So i dont know my next step. I think it may be the radio but I don't want to spend all the money and it's not the radio that's messed up.

Please help if you can.

Thanks
Old 12-09-2014, 12:23 PM

It's an 04ford f150 5.4 fx4
Old 01-11-2022, 10:20 AM

Originally Posted by mr.jones3289414
I have a problem with static noise coming out my door speakers. Started randomly one day in my front two door speakers. Random static. Even when the volume is turned all the way down.

I replaced the door speakers thinking they were old and busted. Bought 4 new infinity 3way door speakers. I also took and hooked the door speakers to a small amp for other reasons. But the noise hasn't gone away. I even checked all the wiring I have and it's all good. I took and wired it back to factory wiring and took the amp out. Still didn't help. So i dont know my next step. I think it may be the radio but I don't want to spend all the money and it's not the radio that's messed up.

Please help if you can.

Thanks
Did you ever figure this out?
I have a 2019 F150. hissing/crackling from the left door speaker, but not part of the stereo because it is there even when the radio is off.
i think there might be water getting into the harness....because of the door leaking?
i noticed it happens the day after the truck had been in the rain.
one time this happened all of the controls on the dash view screen became unresponsive.
turned it off, after shopping, fired it up, worked fine like it never even happened.

seem to get the buzzing/hisssing every other time i start it, so far it goes away after an hour or so

Quick Reply: Radio door speaker problems