Topic Sponsor
Maintenance Shop Keep your Ford F150 truck running strong. Discuss all things maintenance here.

Radiator fan/water pump

Search this Thread

Old 04-22-2013, 12:33 PM

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
Default Radiator fan/water pump

My radiator fan was been running very loud lately. I took my truck a few places and they couldnt figure out why. So I took it to Ford today and they said that mud got into the fan and warped it. They said my water pump was also leaking.

I did go mudding a while back in my 2010 f150 STX 2wd. Nothing too crazy though. and I cleaned the engine pretty well although it is possible mud did get stuck in the fan.

They want to charge me $606 to replace the fan and $360 to replace the water pump. I said hell no.

Is it possible that mud could have warped the fan? Im hoping if I clean it out really good it will be fine. Also think i could get the water pump fixed for a lot cheaper too. I'm not very good with fixing cars, but if I need to does anyone know of these parts are hard to replace myself if I buy them from auto zone.
Anyone else experience an issue like this? Thanks!
Old 04-25-2013, 10:50 PM

Received 17 Likes on 17 Posts

It is possible and it is a simple job. You could easily could it yourself
Old 04-25-2013, 11:38 PM
USN Retired 1992-2012

Received 243 Likes on 122 Posts

The warped fan probably is the reason the water pump is leaking. Vibration and added stress. You could easily do it if you have the tools and patience.

Richard

Quick Reply: Radiator fan/water pump