Topic Sponsor
Maintenance Shop Keep your Ford F150 truck running strong. Discuss all things maintenance here.

Which is the power wire?

Search this Thread

Old 06-22-2015, 06:27 PM

Received 108 Likes on 59 Posts

Default Which is the power wire?

Okay so here is the wiring harness to a led bar that i have, the seller didn't include a wiring diagram to distinguish which color wires are what so I'm asking for yalls help.
the red and black wires are coming from the battery and ground so red is obviously power but here is where I'm confused as you can see in the picture there are 2 red wires ( one from the battery and one fromm the light), the one fro the battery is twisted together with a white wire when it enters the relay, then the two black are tied in together and a separate blue wire is by its self, now continuing to the cab are the White, Blue , and Black wires. Now my light came with a button switch that I'm ditching for a rocker but the part thats confusing is where the switch connects to the wire harness the wire colors change as you can see White goes to yellow, Blue goes to red, and black to black

So my educated guess is
White= power ( since its tied in with the red wire from the positive battery terminal at the relay)
Blue = Relay/accessory
Black is ground

if thats the case then it makes
Yellow = power (since white connects to yellow)
Red = relay/accessory ( Since blue connects to red)
Black= Ground ( since black connects to black)

Am i right? I'm confused because most of the time red is power so i just want to make sure.and I've tried asking the seller but can't get a straight answer.
Please any help would be appreciated.

Quick Reply: Which is the power wire?