Topic Sponsor
Maintenance Shop Keep your Ford F150 truck running strong. Discuss all things maintenance here.

Power Windows and Overhead Light not Working

Search this Thread

Old 05-20-2010, 12:57 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Power Windows and Overhead Light not Working

So i get into my Truck the other day and both the power windows and overhead light dont work.

I check all the fuses under the steering wheel and under the hood and there all fine. I dont think it is the motors as what are teh odds they both go out at the same time along with the overhead light. Boths the switches on the driver side dont work and the switch on the passenger side doesnt work. I had the door panel off and was looking around to see if there was any wireing problems but none were visible.

If anyone had any idea as to what this could be it would be greatly appreciated.

Truck is a 97 lariat, stepside, extendedcab, 4x4
Old 06-22-2010, 10:31 AM

still havent found out what the problem is, anyone have any ideas would be of great help.

Thanks
Old 06-22-2010, 07:48 PM

check the dome light, it's known for causing lots of problems. what year? is any thing else screwing up?
Old 06-22-2010, 07:55 PM

Default re: dome light

ok, sorry , did not see the 97 4x4 at first. I have a 95 I just bought a few months ago and kept blowing fuses and no door power or speedo and other weird things happening (electrical). finally found dome light was shorting out and sometimes would blow the fuse sometimes not. screws that hold light to roof are to long and hit the roof causing all kinds of weird stuff. removed dome light no problems. good luck...
Old 06-24-2010, 06:53 PM

Thanks for the suggestion ill mess around with that this weekend when i get some time, If anyone else has some suggestions i can try while im working on it this weekend let me know.

Quick Reply: Power Windows and Overhead Light not Working