Topic Sponsor
Maintenance Shop Keep your Ford F150 truck running strong. Discuss all things maintenance here.

Power Windows failure.

Old 06-09-2015, 05:07 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Power Windows failure.

2000 f150 lariat extended cab.

Having an issue where I replaced the fuses once both stopped working. Hooked everything back up, started truck, they worked fine until I shut the truck off again. Checked fuses, went to autozone checked driver side switch with new one, then replaced all the relays. I am dumbfounded.

I am done for the day, but is there a wire somewhere that could possibly have a short?

Thanks in advance!
Old 06-10-2015, 07:44 AM

Received 234 Likes on 229 Posts

I would investigate the wires running through the boot from the door to the jamb. Many times there is a partially broken wire in that bundle. The other issue can be in the RAP unit that controls the dome lights, radio cut off, door locks and the window controls. It is located in the passengers foot area behind the right side kick panel. Since the window circuits are not 12 volt this is where the power is stepped down.
The following users liked this post:
sutoka (06-12-2015)
Old 06-12-2015, 08:02 AM

I will give this a shot today.
Old 06-12-2015, 02:52 PM

Thumbs up

Checked the wire "visually" and there is no weakness that I can tell. Pulled the kickbaord off and checked all the wiring. I did not see anything loose or any fuse's.

I unhooked the negative terminal and went through the engine fuse box and the under dash fuse box. One fuse in the engine bay shut the light off, but after coming back here I noticed that it was supposed to shut the light off. The fuses under the dash all were perfect except for the audio.

Now the light did not go out, it went really dim. So I have no darn idea where this short is now except for the wiring harness from the under dash fuse box to the window switches.

Anyone have any other ideas?

Thanks again for the quick replies.
Old 06-27-2015, 08:22 PM

I'm having similar issues in my 2003 crew cab. got no power to locks or windows and radio only turns on but nothing on radio works.
good luck
Old 06-28-2015, 07:00 PM

Looks like I am going to have to take it to the dealer. I am out of ideas..

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Power Windows failure.