Topic Sponsor
Maintenance Shop Keep your Ford F150 truck running strong. Discuss all things maintenance here.

power steering and wiper blades

Search this Thread

Old 09-20-2011, 11:29 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default power steering and wiper blades

Hey Guys

I'm the proud new owner of my first f-150 ford. It's a 95 5.0l that I bought used for a good price. There seems to be a problem with the power steering. I believe I have the same problem with my old Cutless and I think It's the same issue. I only started working on cars the last 8 months but I'm always wanting to learn more

When I turn the wheel I hear a grinding noise in the wheel so I DO have power steering but I believe that It's because of air or water in the power steering lines. Also I can clearly see where the fluid was leaking but I have yet to determine where the leaks coming from. Any advice on what I should check first ? It could be a couple things perhaps a bad seal or a crack or break in the power sterring line ? any suggestions ? Are the lines something I can change myself.

The other issue that I wanted to fix is the windshield wipers. When I turn the **** nothing happens i've already check the fuse and it's good, what should I check next ?

Quick Reply: power steering and wiper blades