Topic Sponsor
Maintenance Shop Keep your Ford F150 truck running strong. Discuss all things maintenance here.

Power Running Board motor removal

Search this Thread

Old 12-09-2014, 12:00 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Power Running Board motor removal

Guys,
I have been having intermittent problems with drivers side for a while and after many nights researching I decided to remove them to clean and lube. now I am stuck with stripped out screws on the motor housing. Extracting them has not worked. Next idea was to remove motor from board assembly so the offending screws could be drilled out with a press.
Problem I have now is the wedge bolt and wedge have been removed, but I cannot get the motor to release from the board itself. I have removed the three bolts that hold the motor to the board, but it will not release. Any ideas????? I can post a picture tonight if my description is vague.

thanks.
Old 06-28-2019, 05:45 PM

Default Following

Originally Posted by Ski King
Guys,
I have been having intermittent problems with drivers side for a while and after many nights researching I decided to remove them to clean and lube. now I am stuck with stripped out screws on the motor housing. Extracting them has not worked. Next idea was to remove motor from board assembly so the offending screws could be drilled out with a press.
Problem I have now is the wedge bolt and wedge have been removed, but I cannot get the motor to release from the board itself. I have removed the three bolts that hold the motor to the board, but it will not release. Any ideas????? I can post a picture tonight if my description is vague.

thanks.

How did you end up removing the motor from the board after you removed the 3 bolts holding it on?
Old 08-03-2020, 04:24 PM

Does anyone know if this part will fit a 2012 f150 Platinum? Seems that it would be a lot easier than removal of the pin.
https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07XJXVXWC/ref=sspa_dk_detail_2?psc=1&spLa=ZW5jcnlwdGVkUXVhbGlmaWVyPUEyMVpSOU9COUEzQ1ZMJmVuY3J5cHRlZElkPUEwMDY4NTkxWldYRTk4MEE2MkhNJmVuY3J5cHRlZEFkSWQ9QTA3NDk5NzAyM1hIMlpaUllDM1E1JndpZGdldE5hbWU9c3BfZGV0YWlsMiZhY3Rpb249Y2xpY2tSZWRpcmVjdCZkb05vdExvZ0NsaWNrPXRydWU= https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07XJXVXWC/ref=sspa_dk_detail_2?psc=1&spLa=ZW5jcnlwdGVkUXVhbGlmaWVyPUEyMVpSOU9COUEzQ1ZMJmVuY3J5cHRlZElkPUEwMDY4NTkxWldYRTk4MEE2MkhNJmVuY3J5cHRlZEFkSWQ9QTA3NDk5NzAyM1hIMlpaUllDM1E1JndpZGdldE5hbWU9c3BfZGV0YWlsMiZhY3Rpb249Y2xpY2tSZWRpcmVjdCZkb05vdExvZ0NsaWNrPXRydWU=

Quick Reply: Power Running Board motor removal