Topic Sponsor
Maintenance Shop Keep your Ford F150 truck running strong. Discuss all things maintenance here.

Possible electrical problems??

Search this Thread

Old 01-09-2017, 08:22 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Possible electrical problems??

Help please!! I have been researching all morning and cant find a pin point answer or somewhat close. Driving to work this morning the MFT screen went dead along with my A/C controls and any other controls that are located underneath the screen. I thought it was maybe a battery issue...so I pulled over and shutdown the truck...waited 5 mins and started back up and still nothing. So, I decided to proceed to work...when I got out of the truck and tried to lock the truck with the key...nothing happened. My remote start wont work, my lock/unlock buttons don't work...not even the panic button works...like my key is dead too...I climbed back into my truck and started her right up...but my key doesn't work to lock the truck...so I locked the truck using my key pad. Never came across this before and hoping someone can point me in the right direction. Thanks for any help out there guys!

Vince
2012 Ford F150
5.0/FX2/
Old 01-09-2017, 09:03 AM

Received 15 Likes on 13 Posts

Likely you blew a fuse.
Old 01-09-2017, 09:13 AM

walked out to truck to get something and though I would mess around alittle bit...forgot to check the fuse...but when I started her up...the screen was still black...but when I pressed the power button (thought I would try...never know) the time came up on the top right of the screen...so looks like I am getting power to it, but just not coming on...? especially if the time is popping up on the top right corner of the screen.
Old 01-26-2017, 11:40 AM

I am having the same issues, I was intermittent for a few weeks and now it is dead. Did you find a fix?
Old 01-31-2017, 09:11 AM

nope mine is still intermittent. I work in aviation and I asked around my avionics and electricians and they keep pointing to a short somewhere. They said it should be somewhere outside the cab because of how the weather affects it. Only happens in the cold mornings.
Old 02-28-2017, 02:43 PM

so just a heads up...i figured out what the problem was...actually kind of stumbled on the culprit. Driving up to the Smoky mountains two weekends ago...my wife was adjusting herself on the passenger side seat and she used the bottom corner of the floor board to push herself up...when she did that the whole center screen and the A/C controls went dead...then it cam back on when she stopped. She did it again and the screen and A/C controls went dead again...so we pulled over onto a gas station and i pulled the lower plastic piece off and found a plug loose...looks like the locking mechanism was undone. I plug her back in and locked the mechanism and WALLA!!! has not happened anymore.