Possible driveshaft problem. Can I still drive it on Highway for 500km? - Ford F150 Forum - Community of Ford Truck Fans

Go Back   Ford F150 Forum - Community of Ford Truck Fans > Ford F150 Forums > Maintenance Shop

Possible driveshaft problem. Can I still drive it on Highway for 500km?

Old 12-25-2014, 12:55 PM   #1
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Default Possible driveshaft problem. Can I still drive it on Highway for 500km?

First of all, Merry Christmas!

So here is my issue. After hard work for a year, I finally go vacation on Christmas. My wife and I decide to drive to Banff and Calgary for a week with our 2012 F150 XLT. We leave I the province next to Albert, with about 500 Km distance.

After drive about 300Km on high way, the noise form the truck suddenly become larger, and I can feel ratting varbiration from beneath the floor mat.

I stop the truck and go check and Google. the symptoms is very similar to the driveshaft issues. The ratting only cames when accelerate and de-accelerate and when speed over 50km/h. Everything else works fine expect the sound.

I can't stay on High way...So I drove the last 200km in this condition, keeping my speed below 110km/h. It seems works. I arrived at Banff last night and seems the truck is fine, expect that ratting sound still there...

So I have two questions here need help:

1. Is anyone can recommend a good auto repair shop in Calgary or Ford Dealer could fix this in two days? I could rent a vehicle during this time. But really need to drive the truck back to home to work.

2. If I decide to fix it after I go back home. Is it will be OK for me to drive the truck for another 500km with speed limits to 100km/h?

Thank you!
Arthur0902 is offline   Reply With Quote
Join F150 Forum

Join F150Forum.com Today - It's Totally Free!

Are you a Ford F150 fan? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Ford F150 Fans to meet online.
Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your truck, and have a great time with other Ford F150 fans. Whether your an old timer or just bought your F150 you'll find that F150Forum.com is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally free!

Join F150Forum.com Today! - Click Here JOIN FOR FREE