Topic Sponsor
Maintenance Shop Keep your Ford F150 truck running strong. Discuss all things maintenance here.

Possible aftermarket dipstick tube for F150?

Old 01-26-2015, 10:51 AM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Default Possible aftermarket dipstick tube for F150?

I am talking to a company that specializes in custom dipstick tubes for racing transmissions. I told them that I absolutely hate the fact that I cant check my transmission fluid on my 6R80 on the fly. Crawling under the truck to check (and worse still, to top up) is not fun. Yes, I realize that its a "sealed" transmission, but I like to change my fluid every year. I have a mity-vac and compressor and can easily suck the fluid up the dipstick tube and do a "drain and refill" type of service without pulling the pan every time.. Getting a leak in the trans, lines or cooler could be a vacation wrecker if you are on the road and cant top up...
So, if this company starts to manufacture and aftermarket full tube and dipstick that would allow you access to the fluid level from the engine compartment, are you interested?

Also, the guy I am dealing with is an ex Ford transmission tech with 30 years experience....

Please dont bash this post with opinions.... I am sure there are others out there who like it just the way it is... This is for people like me that WANT to be able to easily check and top up their trans fluid....

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Possible aftermarket dipstick tube for F150?