Topic Sponsor
Maintenance Shop Keep your Ford F150 truck running strong. Discuss all things maintenance here.

Please help!!!!! No brake lights, no turn signals or hazards!! Help!

Search this Thread

Old 06-16-2015, 06:20 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Please help!!!!! No brake lights, no turn signals or hazards!! Help!

Turning signals are no longer working, I drive a 2008 f150 xlt, I've checked relay #2, it's for turn signals, withought it being in I can no longer roll my windows up nor down, so i don't think it's that, unless it's only partially blown, in which case I've never heard of that. Once I realized that wasn't the issue, I checked all other fuses, they were good as well. So I started doing research and found there's a flasher relay located under the steering column, I disconnected it, put a new one in, and still, NOTHING, so.. I'm posting on here.. Wondering if anyone els would know of what the issue might be? It happened while I was attempting to splice a wire from my trailer harness into my actual passenger side taillight rather then just replacing the 10a fuse, I had made a slit into the right turn signal (green wire with yellow stripe) and everything was fine. As I went to go get the cable I intended on splicing in, I noticed my hazards had all the sudden turned off. So that's how it happened. I've went through the owners manual and searched the internet and still don't know how to go about resolving this issue, and incase you were wondering, yes. It was raining, but I was in a pinch and needed to get this done. So, any information is valued, feel free to add your .02 cents, I'm all ears.. Please dear god have the answer..
Old 06-16-2015, 07:59 AM

Received 5,989 Likes on 3,553 Posts

First, you should have turned OFF your hazards as you were connecting the wire...

According to your owner's manual, located here.

Windows are on a different relay, "401", which is labeled a circuit breaker, implying it could be reset?

Last edited by Ricktwuhk; 06-16-2015 at 08:05 AM.
Old 06-17-2015, 04:16 AM

I'll go check right now, I was indeed at fault unfortunately, spurr of the moment, sure hope you're righ, and thank you for helping, I'll keep you posted
Old 06-17-2015, 05:11 AM

No luck, my windows work though, they have been, they only stopped while I removed fuse number two. Unfortunately the fuse/breaker was not the issue. I was told it's likely to be the turn signal and hazord switch pannel on the column, though, if that's the case, would that fix my breaklights as well?
Old 06-17-2015, 05:12 AM

I guess I failed to mention this, my breaklights and hazords are not working as well
Old 06-17-2015, 05:42 AM

Received 28 Likes on 22 Posts

According to the wire schematic for that year, fuse F02, F13 and F16 all run some functions of the turn/hazards.
It also says the color is OG-LB for the right rear signal.
The flasher relay and signal switch are the only two major components in the system between the fuses and the bulbs. The wires are tee'd off for trailer and instrument cluster but that should not stop them from working.
Be sure not to confuse relays and fuses. R02 is for accessories and not for the signals at all. F02 and F13 are the main fuses for the signal lights.

Quick Reply: Please help!!!!! No brake lights, no turn signals or hazards!! Help!