Topic Sponsor
Maintenance Shop Keep your Ford F150 truck running strong. Discuss all things maintenance here.

Please help me with this question

Search this Thread

Old 08-19-2014, 05:38 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Please help me with this question

I have a 2006 f150 super ab and the guy told me that I needed a new wiring harness after my wreck and it's a 3 prong one. Does anyone know the specific name of the harness I'm looking for? Or 9007 or what it is? I'm clueless?

Thanks if you can reply and help
Old 08-19-2014, 10:18 PM

Received 234 Likes on 229 Posts

There are several harnesses that are specific to different areas of your truck. There is the main harness that includes the dash area and the cab, there is one for the engine bay that includes all the computer and motor performance, one that is in the engine for the lights (headlights are 3 prong) and one that feeds the rear of the truck. There are 2 or 3 firewall power blocks on the drivers side that are the main connection to the cab. We need to know where the damage was to determine which harness you need. Wrecking yards are the best place to find them cheap
Old 08-20-2014, 10:18 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 3 Prong harness

Oh I'm sorry yes it is the headlight passenger side harness. I was looking them up on eBay but unsure of which one to get. It is 3 prong both sides. Please let me know more or if there is a way to upload pictures
Old 08-21-2014, 09:19 AM

Received 234 Likes on 229 Posts

Unfortunately I'm not the best one to ask about uploading pictures. At 62 I'm a little tech challenged. There are some instructions on the home page about using photobucket and URL's but I never made it work. Splicing a headlight plug should be all you need not the whole harness. Good luck.

Quick Reply: Please help me with this question