Topic Sponsor
Maintenance Shop Keep your Ford F150 truck running strong. Discuss all things maintenance here.

PCM or issue within the truck?

Old 01-01-2017, 06:18 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default PCM or issue within the truck?

I need help badly!! I have been without a truck for over a month now. I drive a 2005 Ford F-150 fx4 5.4L. To start with I was reinstalling a diablo sport canned tune on the truck which I've done numerous times and there was an error while tuning and the truck became disabled with no codes and it wouldn't turn over at all. Long story short I sent the PCM off to diablo to have it repaired.

When I received the pcm back the truck would turn over but not start so I checked the codes and got a p2101 and a p2107. I figured that it was poor reflashing or programming so I sent the computer back to diablo. Diablo then sent it back stating it was repaired and I had the same issue.

This time after sending the pcm back again they shipped me a new pcm. I installed the new one and to my surprise I had the same issue of not cranking and same 2 codes.. I then started thinking maybe it isn't the pcm so I replaced the throttle body and TPS and that still didn't fix the issue.

Sorry for such a long post, but my question now is do you guys think it is a PCM issue or something that shorted or messed up originally when there was an error while tuning? Thanks for any help
Old 01-02-2017, 09:30 AM

Received 33 Likes on 29 Posts

been out of it for awhile so not sure on the codes, but I think it is in theft mode.
you will have to reprogram the IC to "talk" with the pcm can't remember the
exact term at the moment.
Old 01-02-2017, 09:18 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Would it be in theft mode even though the theft light isn't blinking fast, only the normal amount once the key is on. Let me know if you can think of the process your talking about it's worth a shot at this point, I can't stand to look at my truck in the yard any longer
Old 01-02-2017, 09:46 PM

Received 33 Likes on 29 Posts

the process involves ford software not sure if other scan tools can do this.
I only encountered this a couple times and can't remember what the theft
light did

Search this Thread