Topic Sponsor
Maintenance Shop Keep your Ford F150 truck running strong. Discuss all things maintenance here.

p2104, p2112, p2111 codes

Search this Thread

Old 07-06-2015, 03:59 PM
Kyle Cobb

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Exclamation p2104, p2112, p2111 codes

I have read multiple discussions on this topic but would just like to get some feed back. On all the other discussions i have not seen one yet that states somebody has had their vehicle throw all three codes (all related to the same issue) at once. Today i went to start my truck (2007 Ford F150 5.4L) and it didn't turn over right, after about 4-5 attempts the truck finally decided to get its act together and turn over and go. I did have the problem where the truck would start but i could go anywhere. However, my engine light and only my engine light turned on. No wrench light like the other people had on previous post on this topic. The following codes had appeared on my computer: p2104(Throttle Actuator control system-Forced idle) p2112 (Throttle Actuator Control System-Stuck Closed) & p2111 (Throttle Actuator Control System-Stuck open)
Now would it just be a good idea and just buy i new Throttle Body and replace the old, or would that be a waste of $$$? I'm in the process of replacing known problems areas on my truck anyway. (Spark plugs, coil packs, etc). Just wondering incase somebody has found a cheaper way to resolve this problem.
Thanks in advance for any feedback & tips.
Old 07-07-2015, 08:48 AM
LightningRod

Received 643 Likes on 514 Posts

Seems a "classic" case of calling for a good TB cleaning. I'd be for removing and disassembly / cleaning /oiling and reinstalling - including use of a good electrical connection cleaner and reapplying dielectric grease on all wiring connections before throwing new parts at it. The ECU is certainly of the opinion it can't properly control the throttle - but its apparently not a HARD fault yet.
The following users liked this post:
KornCobb09 (07-11-2015)

Quick Reply: p2104, p2112, p2111 codes