Topic Sponsor
Maintenance Shop Keep your Ford F150 truck running strong. Discuss all things maintenance here.

OBD - ABS, Brake, Traction Control Light

Search this Thread

Old 10-15-2014, 11:02 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default OBD - ABS, Brake, Traction Control Light

To start off, I have a 2010 Ford F-150 XLT. 3 weeks ago we bought a travel trailer and they installed a brake controller. After this was done, my ABS light, Brake Light and Traction Control light all stay on. I have driven the truck quite a bit and have had no issue with braking in Houston traffic. I took it to Pep Boys to reset the codes and they said the computer wouldn't connect, he tried 4 times with 2 different hand helds. I checked my Cigar lighter fuse and it is fine. I poured through the manual and could not find a reference to the ODB fuse. I am trying to avoid taking this to the dealer to fix if at all possible.

Thanks in advance. Oh yeah, it is the 4.6L 3V if that matters at all.
Old 10-16-2014, 06:08 PM

Received 6,199 Likes on 4,672 Posts

Originally Posted by cbramsey
To start off, I have a 2010 Ford F-150 XLT. 3 weeks ago we bought a travel trailer and they installed a brake controller. After this was done, my ABS light, Brake Light and Traction Control light all stay on. I have driven the truck quite a bit and have had no issue with braking in Houston traffic. I took it to Pep Boys to reset the codes and they said the computer wouldn't connect, he tried 4 times with 2 different hand helds. I checked my Cigar lighter fuse and it is fine. I poured through the manual and could not find a reference to the ODB fuse. I am trying to avoid taking this to the dealer to fix if at all possible.

Thanks in advance. Oh yeah, it is the 4.6L 3V if that matters at all.

Obviously they didn't do something right, make them pay to fix it right or ask for a refund.

Quick Reply: OBD - ABS, Brake, Traction Control Light