Topic Sponsor
Maintenance Shop Keep your Ford F150 truck running strong. Discuss all things maintenance here.

No Reverse + speedometer fluttering

Old 07-05-2015, 10:55 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default No Reverse + speedometer fluttering

While backing out of driveway I heard a loud clunk. Thought I hit something. Pulled back in and looked under for anything broken. Didn't see anything. Backed out again and it felt really jerky.seemed to drive fine on the way to destination but felt jerky the last 20 feet or so before stopping at lights while braking. During this last 20 feet or so the speedometer would flutter around. Truck also felt like is was slipping in 1st gear badly from stop. Got to destination and tried reverse again to see how it felt. It acted like it was in neutral.
2001 f150 automatic transmission 4x4. 5.4 engine. Supercrew. 130,000 miles. Truck is stock except for 6" lift and 35" tires. No check engine light came on.
Old 07-06-2015, 07:49 AM

Received 61 Likes on 58 Posts

Sounds like sun gear and reverse band.. just happened to me.. had to get a used tranny. Cheaper then a complete correct overhaul
Old 07-06-2015, 03:02 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

That's what Iwas a afraid of. Was hoping that maybe a sensor or something might have gone bad since the speedometer was tweeking out.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: No Reverse + speedometer fluttering