Topic Sponsor
Maintenance Shop Keep your Ford F150 truck running strong. Discuss all things maintenance here.

No Brakes

Old 01-04-2008, 06:02 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default No Brakes

I have a 2006 Lincoln Mark LT, 2wd. I started the truck and it sputtered. It took 3 tries to start. Finally, when I got it started, I had no power brakes. Any ideas guys. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thank You in Advance. It feels like I have no brake booster.
Old 01-04-2008, 06:16 PM
the real Chuck Norris

you prolly have a large vaccume leak.
Old 01-04-2008, 06:44 PM

Originally Posted by daewoomofo
you prolly have a large vaccume leak.
nope, already checked all the vacuum lines.
Old 01-04-2008, 07:48 PM

Received 211 Likes on 191 Posts

Could be the starting issue and the brakes are separate.

Suggest that either vacuum is not getting to the booster, or the booster has a failed diaphragm or some other problem.

To verify if the issues are related, suggest to pull the booster vacuum line and plug the manifold side, then observe if the start problem changes.

One last thought/WAG - if your ABS light is flashing or ON, this could be a reason for the hard brake pedal.
Old 01-06-2008, 11:23 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Sure sounds like the line from your intake manifold to vaccum booster is off or broken, never taken a look at that particular engine but normally that is the scheme of things.
Old 01-07-2008, 07:06 PM

Lightbulb Vacuum hose off

Well, I thought I checked all the vacuum hoses, but where it connects to the back of the intake, it had came off. 5.4 L owners, beware. 2004 and up. Talked to the mechanic at the dealer and they ordered me the new updated hose with the clampls. This is a very serious problem they said. "should have been a recall". They said they have had numerous instances of this problem. Thank God, I was just pulling out of a parking lot going 5mph, and not coming off an exit ramp or something like that.
Old 01-08-2008, 02:03 AM
I Voted For Bill and Opus

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts

Originally Posted by decibels5
Well, I thought I checked all the vacuum hoses, but where it connects to the back of the intake, it had came off. 5.4 L owners, beware. 2004 and up. Talked to the mechanic at the dealer and they ordered me the new updated hose with the clamps. This is a very serious problem they said. "should have been a recall". They said they have had numerous instances of this problem. Thank God, I was just pulling out of a parking lot going 5mph, and not coming off an exit ramp or something like that.
Be sure to report this the NHTSA, do it it here:

http://www-odi.nhtsa.dot.gov/ivoq/index.cfm

It is very important that defects like this and the infamous Triton spark plug shooters are reported to the NHTSA.So far Ford has convinced the NHTSA the spark plug thing is a torquing issue but If the NHTSA gets enough of these reports they will launch an investigation which could lead to a recall.

Last edited by transmaster; 01-08-2008 at 02:20 AM.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: No Brakes