Topic Sponsor
Maintenance Shop Keep your Ford F150 truck running strong. Discuss all things maintenance here.

No airflow from ac/heater

Search this Thread

Old 12-09-2008, 12:00 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default No airflow from ac/heater

I have a 97 f150. I have airflow when I start out in the mornings. If i shut the truck off for a while, there is very little or no air flow at all after restart. The blowwer is running, but nothing comes out of any of the vents. I do notice a puddle of water under the front of the truck when I let it stand a while. (condenser freezing up??) You can hear the ?deflecter? moving when you change from ac/defrost/floor too by the way.

Now, I dont seem to have any air comming out at all. Its pretty cold here, could the condenser freeze up and not thaw out again since its well below freezing?
Old 12-09-2008, 04:44 PM

Received 211 Likes on 191 Posts

Welcome to the site!

I suppose it's possible that the evaporator is freezing up, although this should not occur if the low-pressure switch is working correctly. Perhaps try unplugging the compressor to disable any A/C function to see what happens.

If the air temperature is near or below freezing, and the evaporator is frozen up - it's not going to thaw. Perhaps try to run the heat in recirc mode, if that's allowed on your particular vehicle, to get some heat across the evaporator. Or park it in a warm garage or the like.
Old 12-10-2008, 10:27 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Thanks, I will try unplugging the compresser and see what happens. It kinda does act like its freezing up. Could the AC be overcharged? Will let you know what happens.

Quick Reply: No airflow from ac/heater