Topic Sponsor
Maintenance Shop Keep your Ford F150 truck running strong. Discuss all things maintenance here.

New motor break in

Search this Thread

Old 09-25-2015, 07:10 AM

Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts

Default New motor break in

I got a new motor put in my 2008 f 150...is there a certain break in I have to do? Guy that's doing it says I don't have too...can I pull a trailer with it it's not a big trailer it's 5X8 and hauls my riding lawn mower....the guy doing work says drive it like you stole it.. I get it back today and need to go to work mowing some yards...
Old 09-25-2015, 07:25 AM
Some guy

Received 2,013 Likes on 1,281 Posts

Originally Posted by ALAN
I got a new motor put in my 2008 f 150...is there a certain break in I have to do? Guy that's doing it says I don't have too...can I pull a trailer with it it's not a big trailer it's 5X8 and hauls my riding lawn mower....the guy doing work says drive it like you stole it.. I get it back today and need to go to work mowing some yards...
Uhhh, okay... if he means "carefully and safely as to not get pulled over," then yes, do that. Don't start dirt-tracking it if it's brand new.

Now this: is it actually NEW or REMAN? There are barely any NEW engines for the 08s these days, most are rebuilt...

Quick Reply: New motor break in