Topic Sponsor
Maintenance Shop Keep your Ford F150 truck running strong. Discuss all things maintenance here.

new member - 1997 F150 shudder

Search this Thread

Old 09-21-2015, 02:27 PM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Default new member - 1997 F150 shudder

Hi all,

I'm new here. Glad to be here.

Could any of you give some advice on 1997 F150 engine shudder? Engine shakes and has a hard time making power. Code P0307 - cylinder 7 misfire. Replaced plug (very fouled) and coil pack, put new fuel filter, cleared code, check engine light came back on steady, then check engine light started flashing, and got same code P0307. Didn't replace plug wire since they only come in a pack at another $100.

Do these injectors go bad?

Obviously I don't have a full bank account since I'm driving a nineteen year old truck. Ford dealer wants $100 diagnosis, $200 for an injector, $300 for labor. That's $600 for a truck that's not worth much more than that. I don't mind the Ford dealer making money, that's why they're in business. I'm wishing for an easier solution. The Ford dealer is not even sure that's the problem and I can't keep taking money from the food jar.

Any help or suggestions are VERY appreciated.

I live in Texas but am on a trip to California to see my new grandson and am in Mammoth Lakes and the Ford dealer is about 40 miles away in Bishop. The truck will probably make it to Bishop since it's mostly downhill.

Thanks for your time.

Quick Reply: new member - 1997 F150 shudder