Topic Sponsor
Maintenance Shop Keep your Ford F150 truck running strong. Discuss all things maintenance here.

New 2014 FX4, Thoughts on Pre-Paid Maintenance Packages?

Search this Thread

Old 11-27-2014, 11:57 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default New 2014 FX4, Thoughts on Pre-Paid Maintenance Packages?

Hi there,

I'm new to the forum and have just purchased a new 2014 FX4 SC. I'm picking the vehicle up this weekend, and I have the option of purchasing extended warrenty & Prepaid maintenance.

I also have the option of adding paint protection, under carriage protection etc.

What is your take on these options?

Miguel
Old 11-27-2014, 11:24 PM

Received 11 Likes on 9 Posts

Hi, Congrats on your purchase. the Extended Warranty I'm still on the fence on. Based on some guys experience with their truck problems on the forums, I am tempted to buy it. I did buy the prepaid service package. Do the math and see if it makes sense. I wouldn't buy the service package again if I could do over. See my Story below if you want the details. Also shop around for prices on the warranties, Some vary greatly.
As for the paint protection and under carriage protection, I hope some other Canadians or Snow/salt road folks can add their 2 cents, I live in California so i don't worry about such things. A coat of wax and a good carwash works here.

The finance guy did a good job of selling it. I get the oil changed at 6 months or 5k miles intervals and paid for the prepaid for up to 75k miles. The finance guy said things like free wipers and if the brakes go bad in between a service that new brakes would be covered all for $2000 bucks. Now I do the math after signing my soul away for 6 years and realize that I was had on this part of the deal. At a usual $50 for a dealer service for 15 times for the 75K miles is about $750. It hasn't rained enough in the last 2 years to use the wipers. My last truck went 94k miles before I thought I needed to do the brakes only to find out I still had probably 50% left on them. I figured if my wife drives it, that might wear the brakes more but I drive it most to all the time. It is nice to drive in and drive out and not have to pay but it hurts to know that I already paid a lot for that. So... All I can say is do the math,shop other dealers for the warranty costs, and don't be in a hurry to sign and drive. The Truck will be amazing, Happy Thanksgiving, hope this helps.
Old 11-28-2014, 08:39 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default thanks

Thanks for your opinion! Much appreciated.

Quick Reply: New 2014 FX4, Thoughts on Pre-Paid Maintenance Packages?