Topic Sponsor
Maintenance Shop Keep your Ford F150 truck running strong. Discuss all things maintenance here.

Need some advice

Search this Thread

Old 06-13-2009, 02:35 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question Need some advice

I have a 2002 f150 4.2l v6. It has 120,000 miles and its had regular oil changes. Other then that I don't think any other fluids have been changed except for the rear gear box that had new fluid put into it about a year ago. My question is should I change the other fluids such as the radiator, transmission, power steering and any others I might be forgetting. I need this truck to last a while longer and figured that I'd rather spend some money now to maintain it rather then deal with more problems down the road. I think that I am going to switch to royal purple for oil and oil filter since I've heard good things about it. Other then that I am clueless on what to do. Any insight would be greatly appreciated. Any brands that you've had luck with would also be a great help. Thanks, Mike
Old 06-13-2009, 11:39 AM
Local Roofer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I have a 02 with right at 130k I have changed all the fluids in it. The tranny is difficult and will take a few hours, unless you have some way to pump it in. I used a baster and removed all the PS fluid refilled it and then did it again. I also bleed all the brake fluid out on the last brake job and put all new in. It will help, but other then the tranny, and radiator. I have never done it any other vehicle.

Quick Reply: Need some advice