Topic Sponsor
Maintenance Shop Keep your Ford F150 truck running strong. Discuss all things maintenance here.

need help asap

Search this Thread

Old 09-02-2011, 01:33 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question need help asap

i have a 2005 xlt 4x4. about a month ago i was traveling through tennessee about 70mph when i felt something slam underneath my feet. when i got out to look i realized that the front driveshaft broke loose at the u-joint, flew up busted the fuel line and a hole in my transfer case about an inch and a half big. I just now got the money to start to fix it but my truck is outside of nashville in erin tn so i have to drive down this weekend to work on it. i bought a new fuel line for 160$ and i got a used t-case thats in pretty good condition. i didnt get a new ujoint yet to fix the drive shaft but i was wondering a few things....

1. can i just take the drive shaft completely off for now just to drive it up here and fix it?

2. should i put the t-case on down there or yall think i can drive it up here with that hole in it? or does it share fluids with the transmission? i just dont know if i will lose all my tranny fluid.

3. is it that hard to put on the tcase and if not, what all tools should i need and new gaskets or anything else?

please someone respond asap i have to head out tomorrow evening cause its my only break from work..thanks in advance
Old 09-02-2011, 01:52 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

also if anyone lives around that area and wants to make a little bit of $$$$$$ holler at me, itll be saturday morning when i'll be workin on it. gonna need some help

Quick Reply: need help asap