Topic Sponsor
Maintenance Shop Keep your Ford F150 truck running strong. Discuss all things maintenance here.

Navigation System 2010 Ford F150 Lariat

Search this Thread

Old 09-01-2013, 11:56 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Post Navigation System 2010 Ford F150 Lariat

Hello everyone, i am posting for my step father who has been having problems with the navagation system in his truck, when he bought the truck last year everything was fine, now the radio will play for so long and quit all of a sudden, the navagation system wont work n only shows a white screen, he has brought it in to the dealer where he bought it and they say nothing is wrong.
The dealer inserted a disk into the cd player to update it n since then nothing works, cannot play cd's, power lock key pad, power seats, radio, nothing, he hasnt tried opening the sun roof because hes afraid it will open n not close again and is now draining the juice on the battery and it wont start he charges the battery and tests the battery and its fine. He can put the battery on charge and sometimes it will charge and sometimes it will not

Has anyone else had this problem? In the owners manual kn page 142 it says no more worries that ford motors will replace all electrical with up to a five year warranty and he just keeps getting a run around from the dealer that he bought it from.

To tell you quite frankly its very depressing, he has owned many ford f150's a 97, 03, 05, 08, and now the 2010. The last three that he has owned has had nothing but problems.. my step father takes very good care of his truck it is his pride and joy.
If anyone can help me out would be greatly appreciated. Thank you in advance.
Old 11-23-2013, 01:15 AM

Received 18 Likes on 15 Posts

Default Nav System

I'm running into the same problem Nav system screen go out at time it could be 2 hr or longer never know. I trying to find a replacement aftermarket but no luck i have a Platinum and it has some of the climate control on it. Now i looking for someone that can maybe reprogram it or replace it and still keep it original. Ford wants over 1000 to replace it
Old 11-24-2013, 11:56 AM

Well my step fathers truck was finally fixed last week. ! Yay, when all of this happened they ( Burt Paquin Ford Dealer) said that it was the module, so when he had the app to get it fixed they found out that the module did not need replacing, and infact was the whole navagation system, so it had to be replaced. Everything is now working fine.
Old 11-24-2013, 12:04 PM

Originally Posted by dkellow
I'm running into the same problem Nav system screen go out at time it could be 2 hr or longer never know. I trying to find a replacement aftermarket but no luck i have a Platinum and it has some of the climate control on it. Now i looking for someone that can maybe reprogram it or replace it and still keep it original. Ford wants over 1000 to replace it
Dkellow, his had the climate control as well, Does your truck still have warranty on it?? If the truck has a warranty they have to fix it, my step fathers truck still has the warranty n they just didnt want to fix it. He told them straight out that if they did not fix it he was going to being them to court or have someones job. They dont like it when you say those words but its the only way that they will do there job and do it right. If the truck has warranty you need to have them fix it, dont let the battery and everything else start dying like my step fathers did just because they didnt want to do their job.
Hope you have good luck in getting it replaced and they have to replace it with the same kind that came with the truck when it was bought.

Quick Reply: Navigation System 2010 Ford F150 Lariat