Topic Sponsor
Maintenance Shop Keep your Ford F150 truck running strong. Discuss all things maintenance here.

my f150 is posessed!!

Old 06-16-2015, 08:29 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default my f150 is posessed!!

2002 ford f150xlt with 4.6 v8 59k miles
problem: after running truck it will not restart..instrument panel illuminates but no start condition..engine cranks but no start.

disconnect battery--truck will then start and run normally until turning it off..instrument panel stays active as if ignition is still activated..and..truck will not restart (only a fast crank)

no codes visible.

new battery.

it seems like ignition switch issue??

hope its not the ecu

suggestins re: possible causes/cures or further things to check.

tx
Old 06-18-2015, 08:35 AM

Received 234 Likes on 229 Posts

Try a different key. You may have a bad chip in the key you're using. Also check your fuel control module for corrosion or damage. Its' mounted on the frame over the rear axle under the spare tire.
Old 06-19-2015, 07:45 PM

Received 770 Likes on 608 Posts

The 02 doesn't have a fuel pump driver module. Wouldn't hurt to check the fuel pressure though.

Last edited by JCR 56; 06-19-2015 at 07:52 PM.
Old 06-19-2015, 07:53 PM

Received 9 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by Marc D
Try a different key. You may have a bad chip in the key you're using. Also check your fuel control module for corrosion or damage. Its' mounted on the frame over the rear axle under the spare tire.
Correct me if I am wrong, but doesn't the anti theft prevent the engine from cranking? or is it strictly fuel cutoff?

After running the engine normally, turn it off. turn the ignition on, but do not crank- can you hear the fuel pump running? It should be a slight hum heard from the back of the truck that lasts briefly before turning off.

Is there an anti theft light on the dash the illuminates briefly? does this light stay lit solid or blink rapidly when the truck won't start?

If the engine is hot after running normally and you do the battery disconnect / reconnect does the issue persist?

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: my f150 is posessed!!