Topic Sponsor
Maintenance Shop Keep your Ford F150 truck running strong. Discuss all things maintenance here.

Misfire

Search this Thread

Old 06-03-2015, 09:23 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Misfire

Ugh.. ok, so my 2007 F-150 started running rough intermittently... I attributed it to the fact that I sometimes run on almost empty more than i should and id probably have to change out the fuel filter soon. Last night it started running very rough and my check engine light came on. Diagnostic says im misfiring on Cylinder 5 and needed to change out the coil. My question is is how easy is it to just do myself? Im not afraid to get my hands dirty. Normally I work on my Harley and I have worked on other vehicles too. Just ive never done this repair and have no idea how to go about it. I just cant stand paying hundreds of dollars for someone else to fix something that i can go spend $20 for and install it myself in an hour.
Old 06-03-2015, 09:56 AM
Mark

Received 2,416 Likes on 2,117 Posts

#5 COP is one of the easy ones, up front drivers side. your not gonna find one for $20 though...not a quality motor craft one ... un-plug the connector and remove the 10mm bolt and pull it off...No mention of mileage on your 07 and any maintenance history ??...could be time for plugs...

Quick Reply: Misfire