Topic Sponsor
Maintenance Shop Keep your Ford F150 truck running strong. Discuss all things maintenance here.

Louder exhaust Pipes

Search this Thread

Old 11-14-2013, 01:39 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Louder exhaust Pipes

Trying to figure out what pipes to order to get installed on my 2010 F150 4door 5.6 bed 4.6L V8.. Any suggestions would greatly be appreciated
Old 11-15-2013, 11:01 AM

Received 234 Likes on 229 Posts

Look in the aftermarket section for vendors. I've always used Flowmasters on everything I owned. 2 chamber for a loud rough sound and 3 chambers for a more mellow sound. Either will work on your truck.
Old 11-15-2013, 02:50 PM

Received 72 Likes on 65 Posts

You can either go with a custom system or just buy an exhaust system for your truck from someone like magnaflow or flowmaster. Custom is a little cheaper and you don't have to worry about things like shipping and just about any exhaust shop can do it for you.

How loud do you want it? I always run glasspacks so my standard of "loud" is a bit different then an everyday person. I run glasspacks with high flow cats, it is "loud" but might be too loud depending on what you like. You can hear quite a few exhaust videos on youtube to see what you like best, if you're not into glasspacks or 10 series flowmasters, I always liked magnaflow mufflers. I used to have a set on my truck, they lasted longer then my crappy carbon steel piping and sounded great.
Old 11-15-2013, 09:23 PM

Received 16 Likes on 16 Posts

i run true duals with cherry bomb glasspacks and factory cats, once they got broke in a little bit they sound awesome! i also have a 4.6, not too loud and not too quiet

Quick Reply: Louder exhaust Pipes