Topic Sponsor
Maintenance Shop Keep your Ford F150 truck running strong. Discuss all things maintenance here.

Led replacement bulbs

Search this Thread

Old 07-24-2015, 09:47 PM

Received 10 Likes on 8 Posts
Default Led replacement bulbs

This might seem easy to some, but I do not understand the concept of why it does not work. I replaced most of my incandescent bulbs to led bulbs and when I use my right, or left turn signal, both fronts come on as if the hazards are on. Can somebody help with this and explain what either the problem, or just how to fix (besides putting the old bulbs in).
Old 07-24-2015, 10:56 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

i had the same issue. You will need one like this for your truck, they have a few different ones, make sure you get the right one......
Amazon.com: CEC Industries EF32RL Electronic Turn Signal Flasher Relay, LED Compatible, 2 + Ground Wire Prongs, 12 Volts: Automotive Amazon.com: CEC Industries EF32RL Electronic Turn Signal Flasher Relay, LED Compatible, 2 + Ground Wire Prongs, 12 Volts: Automotive
Old 07-24-2015, 11:16 PM

Thanks for the info and solution.
Old 07-26-2015, 06:44 AM

Received 97 Likes on 96 Posts

Default Led replacement bulbs

Like Fordnew said, get a flasher that is led compatible. Depending on what model your truck is, you may have loose cruise control when the brake lights are swapped to led's. I know this can happen with the 04-08's. The fix for that is to install load resisters on each brake light.
Old 07-26-2015, 09:49 AM

Thank You.
Old 07-28-2015, 06:22 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by lewissa81
Like Fordnew said, get a flasher that is led compatible. Depending on what model your truck is, you may have loose cruise control when the brake lights are swapped to led's. I know this can happen with the 04-08's. The fix for that is to install load resisters on each brake light.
Like lewissa81 said about led tail lights, if you are turning the tail lights in to
LED you need resisters...this is the ones I used for my tail light an they work great...good luck

Amazon.com: 50W 6Ohm LED Load Resistors for LED Turn Signal Lights or LED License Plate Lights (Fix Hyper Flash, Warning Cancellor): Automotive Amazon.com: 50W 6Ohm LED Load Resistors for LED Turn Signal Lights or LED License Plate Lights (Fix Hyper Flash, Warning Cancellor): Automotive

Quick Reply: Led replacement bulbs