Topic Sponsor
Maintenance Shop Keep your Ford F150 truck running strong. Discuss all things maintenance here.

Its time to replace the brakes

Search this Thread

Old 04-18-2014, 07:51 AM
Sniperuml

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Its time to replace the brakes

Okay,

I have got about 60,000 miles on my truck and its getting near the 75,000 mile limit of when I replace my brakes. I have been very happy with the stock system that comes on the truck, but I was wondering if there are better ones out there. It is a daily driver and I use it to haul around rock etc. a few times a year, it is not a racing truck.

What are your thoughts and opinions about brakes for the trucks? I have looked into EBC pads and rotors and don't know how good they are if you don't get calibers to match the better pads and rotors. One of the only complete kits I saw was by Powerstop, and I have never heard of them before.

I haven't looked into Bear or Willwood yet, but I know they are expensive but damn good for the money.

Or should I just stick with stock pads and rotors?

Thanks in advance!!
Old 04-18-2014, 10:27 AM

Received 669 Likes on 459 Posts

Do your brakes need replacing, or are you just saying I have 75,000 miles, must be time?

Either way, I have been happy with the stock brakes on my trucks.
Old 04-18-2014, 11:08 AM
Sniperuml

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Brakes don't need replacing yet, plan on doing a road trip this summer hauling a trailer with the wife and I don't want to get caught without solid brake performance.

Quick Reply: Its time to replace the brakes