Topic Sponsor
Maintenance Shop Keep your Ford F150 truck running strong. Discuss all things maintenance here.

Intermittent starting problems

Old 05-30-2016, 11:04 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Intermittent starting problems

Hi

I have a
2004 Ford F150 FX4 SuperCrew.

When I cut the engine and leave it for 5-10 mins and come to start it, sometimes it won't start and I have to leave it for about 30 mins, then it starts first time.

I can hear it when I try, when it's turning over it kind of starts (hiccups), then if I let the ignition key go, it cuts out and I can't start it again. But If I keep the ignition turned until the engine is actually running (past the hiccup), it's OK. It's only if I let go of the ignition key go when it has that little hiccup that I've got no hope on starting it again for the next half hour.

It's as though it's flooded or the computer puts itself in a certain state, then it takes 30 mins to drain or reset or something. It's quite annoying.

I did take it in to the mechanic who said that the injectors were blocked, fuel filter was blocked etc... cleaned everything and gave it back.

Unsurprisingly I've still got the problem.

I don't want to send it in again and have another load of work done $$$ for them not to fix the problem again.

Has anyone heard of this problem, or even could suggest where I even start looking?

Any help greatly appreciated

Thanks
Old 05-30-2016, 12:07 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Apologies. I just found a similar thread pointing to the relay/pump.

I'll get started on those.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Intermittent starting problems