Topic Sponsor
Maintenance Shop Keep your Ford F150 truck running strong. Discuss all things maintenance here.

Instrument cluster staying lit

Search this Thread

Old 09-06-2013, 07:37 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Instrument cluster staying lit

Hey guys,

I noticed after an hour or so of my 2013 fx4 being shut off the instrument cluster lights up but dimmer then normal. I brought truck in for oil change and mentioned it to dealer. They couldn't replicate problem and found no drain on batt. Bring truck home and next morning it's stone dead in driveway. Take it to dealer again and they say its got a bad cell and replace batt. Meanwhile that night with new batt, cluster is still lighting up. Could this be what damaged the batt? Anyone heard of this before.
Thanks
Anthony
Old 09-06-2013, 10:36 AM

Received 669 Likes on 459 Posts

Do you leave your keys in the ignition? That can cause this issue.
Old 09-06-2013, 02:51 PM

no, shut the truck off, take the keys out, lock the doors and leave it, no interior lights etc are left on either
Old 04-23-2014, 10:04 PM

Default same problem

My dads truck is a 2011 and he went through 3 batteries this winter. We thought because of the awesome winter we had. Stealership had the truck for a month and could not determine any issues. Changed battery again and no help. They then put in a new cluster and it lights up now after the truck has been turned off.

Can anyone help on this issue?

Quick Reply: Instrument cluster staying lit