Topic Sponsor
Maintenance Shop Keep your Ford F150 truck running strong. Discuss all things maintenance here.

I'm stuck

Old 09-27-2016, 07:00 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default I'm stuck

So I'm changing out the vvt solenoids on my 08 f150 and I finally got the cover off and changed out the solenoid, now my problem is i was tightening the cover bolts back down and the last one wouldn't tighten all the way down so I back all them back off and tried it first to see if maybe my alignment was wrong, nope. So I took the cover back off and I had a bolt that was the same size and I tried it in a different hole screwed all the way down, tried it it the stuck hole and it did the same thing. Is the a way to rethread the hole or something in order for me to be able to get this cover back on and tightened down?
Attached Thumbnails I'm stuck-img_0969.jpg  

Last edited by Jeremy Wilkerson; 09-27-2016 at 07:07 PM.
Old 09-27-2016, 09:04 PM

Received 54 Likes on 41 Posts

Check the length of the other bolts.. There may be different lengths... Or you'll find the bolt that was cross threaded and it with re-seat in that bore..
Old 09-27-2016, 10:52 PM
LightningRod

Received 640 Likes on 513 Posts

You 'might' be able to get by without it. I have one that broke off - and am able to run without it, but it is not in a critical corner location like yours.

There are 'rethreading' kits that allow drilling the hole larger, re-threading it, and install a clever little coil gizzmo (called Heli-coil) that the original bolt screws into. It would be quiet a tedious DIY job - and might require a shop equipped for it.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: I'm stuck