Topic Sponsor
Maintenance Shop Keep your Ford F150 truck running strong. Discuss all things maintenance here.

How do i disabled passive arming on Viper alarm system?

Search this Thread

Old 04-07-2014, 02:24 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default How do i disabled passive arming on Viper alarm system?

i bought my f150 and found out there was a 790xv system installed with remote starter. so i bought a remote, synced it over weekend and 30 seconds after closing all doors it arms itself. i hate this as i'm always in the bed of my truck doing stuff.

how do i disable it? i found nothing in manual to help me. thanks
Old 04-08-2014, 09:50 AM

Received 234 Likes on 229 Posts

If the Viper system is fairly new , I'd contact the manufacturer (with a phone call) for instructions, not on line.
I had to have the dealer dummy down the alarm on my wife's Camry 2X before it quit self arming.
Old 04-08-2014, 02:39 PM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Easy breezy. Open a door and cycle the ignition without starting it..on then off. Within 5 seconds press the programming button and hold. It will chirp once to let you know you're in programming mode. Then let go. Then press the button twice and hold on the second press. The alarm should chirp once. Dont let go of the button and within 5 seconds press the lock button on the remote it will chirp once again. Then cycle the ignition again the alarm will sound and you're done.

Quick Reply: How do i disabled passive arming on Viper alarm system?